This represents a major upgrade in processing capabilities for USP (Ultra Scale Processor) systems. Along with a massive hike in productivity, users will gain access to several new configuration options, including 3D surround formats. There are also a number of improvements to the boot up process, saving options and metering.
Major upgrade elements include:
• Bandwidth is up – automation throughput is now three times greater than v6, with a theoretical maximum of five million events per mix/pass (up from 1.5 million in v6).
• Dolby 7.1 surround panning priority control to optimize front/back power or left/right power
• Sub level control with surround routes
• Support for 3D surround formats – going beyond 7.1 to work with various 9.1, 10.1 and 11.1 setups
• Master meter display fully assignable as 16 separate meter locations
• UK-style PPM meter scale option
Further details of the new system, including 3D format options, can be found in the DFC Software Version 7 release notes here. A variety of upgrade paths are available depending on the existing system running on users’ consoles. For a quotation and to order Encore2 v7, please contact email@example.com.
AMS Neve Ltd,
AMS Technology Park,
Copyright © 2017 AMS Neve Ltd.